Laugh & Learn Co-Teacher Duties
The following is fairly comprehensive though not a totally inclusive list of responsibilities and duties of Laugh & Learn Preschool Teachers.
- Follow established rules and procedures of Laugh & Learn Preschool.
- Arrive everyday with a positive attitude and prepared for the day’s activities.
- Supervise and care for the children in their daily routines
- Be vigilant that the children are safe at all times.
- Create a warm, friendly and nurturing environment.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers, volunteers and Waterman’s staff.
- Interact with the children to support play, exploration, and learning.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities that encourage self-esteem and social skills.
- Work alternately with individual children, small groups and the entire class.
- Be warm, friendly and affectionate with all students.
- Be willing and prepared to take the children outside every day except in cases of seriously inclement weather.
- Encourage independence in the students but be prepared to help as needed.
- Set up and maintain the classroom, making changes in the environment as necessary to meet educational or safety needs.
- Actively maintain the overall organization and positive appearance of the classroom.
- Prepare snacks as needed.
- Work cooperatively with co-teachers on planning and preparations.
- Attend all planning and program assessment meetings.
- Maintain educational records on each child's progress through observation recordings, early childhood screenings, and developmental assessments.
- Learn new skills as required to meet special needs of individual children.
- Assist in cleaning the classroom, toys, bathrooms and other areas of the center as needed.
- Maintain professional development hours as required by the State of Maine.
- Strive to improve the Laugh & Learn programs and activities in the best interest of the students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Preschool Director.
- Maintain a strict confidentiality policy of Laugh & Learn. Only talk with parents about their own children. No gossiping or inappropriate conversations.
- Participate in Parent Advisory Meetings.
- Develop relationships with parents through open communication.
- Encourage and support parent development through classroom volunteerism, home centered activities, parent/teacher conferences, and participation in parent development activities.
Waterman’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For application, job description and questions, please contact:
Christie Hallowell, Executive Director
Waterman’s Community Center
PO Box 526 North Haven, ME 04853