Summer Camp Intern
Description: Waterman’s Little Urchins (ages 1-3), School of Fish (ages 3-5), and Island Explorers (ages 6-9) are seeking responsible, organized and dedicated interns to assist the teachers and leaders for each program. Tasks include:
- Ensuring the safety of each child participant with oversight from the leader/coordinator.
- Assisting in leading the group through the day’s schedule.
- Helping set up each day’s scheduled activities.
- Setting up for and cleaning up after each activity.
- Participating fully in the day’s activities, engaging with the children's play as appropriate.
- Serving as a role model for the children by showing respect, support and good behavior.
- Assisting head teacher/leader in all other aspects of the program as needed.
- Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 1:15 PM plus prep & clean up depending on schedule.
The Executive Director and/or the Programs Coordinator will guide interns through at least two (2) evaluation sessions to “check in” and make sure job duties are understood and completed correctly.
Hours/Pay: 10 – 25 hrs/week -- $8.00 - $10.00/hr. depending on experience and job performance. Paid bi-weekly