Youth Programs Coordinator
Waterman’s, a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, is seeking a hard-working, energetic and creative Youth Programs Coordinator. Position requires experience working with children, strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, imagination and a passion to see Waterman’s Community Center thrive.
This is an hourly position for 8 – 10 hours/week year-round and 20-25/week July & August. Job includes some evening and weekend hours
Application deadline: November 24, 2015
Year-Round: The Youth Programs Coordinator’s primary year-round responsibility is to lead and oversee regular youth programs for all island youth, appropriately suited and organized for each age group such as:
- Afterschool Programs: Grades K-2 one day/week; Grades 3-4 one day/week
- Middle School Afterschool Program: Grades 5-8 one day/week
- Kids’ Night Out – once a month
- Middle School Night – once a month
- Seasonal High School Events
Special Year-Round Programs: The Youth Programs Coordinator will coordinate and oversee the following special year-round activities in conjunction with the Programs Director:
- Annual Waterman’s Halloween Party
- Annual Gingerbread House Decorating & Movie
- Vacation Days during December, February & April vacations
- Other Special Youth Events as they arise
Summer Months: During the summer months, the Youth Programs Coordinator will:
- Be the Camp Coordinator and Head Island Explorers Instructor.
- Schedule special youth programs & events as planned with the Programs Director.
The Youth Programs Director will:
- Coordinate volunteers to assist/lead youth programs as needed.
- Manage publicity and advertising for youth programs including email announcements, social media blasts, posters, photographs, writing articles for NH news, etc.
- Manage billing and bookkeeping for all youth programs with oversight from the Programs Director.
Click button above or contact Christie Hallowell for information on how to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 207.867.2100