Coffee Shop Intern
Coffee shop interns play an important roll in the successful operation and are the public face of Waterman’s on a daily basis. Coffee shop interns are expected to:
- Keep shelves stocked.
- Make sure coffee and hot water containers are full.
- Greet customers and patrons cordially and politely, making sure their needs are met with enthusiasm.
- Be a cheerful, welcoming, and a helpful public face for Waterman's.
- Inform Programs Coordinator when supplies are getting low.
- Pick up games and trash left behind, keeping the community room tidy for all.
- Check bathrooms for supplies and cleanliness.
- Sweep the floor as needed.
- Maintain supply of baked goods.
- Maintain general cleanliness in the community room and other common spaces.
- Enforce the rules of the building, particularly to children.
- Occasionally assist with any camps or workshops as requested.
- Perform other miscellaneous chores as requested by Programs Director or Executive Director.
Summer Camp Intern
Description: Waterman’s School of Fish and Island Explorers are seeking responsible, organized and dedicated interns to assist the teachers and leaders for each program. Tasks include:
- Assisting in leading the group through the day’s schedule
- Helping set up each day’s scheduled activities
- Ensuring the safety of each child participant with oversight from the leader/coordinator
- Setting up for and cleaning up after each activity
- Participating fully in the day’s activities
- Serving as a role model for the children by showing respect, support and good behavior
- Assisting head teacher/leader in all other aspects of the program as needed
- Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM plus prep & clean up depending on schedule.
Applicants may choose to apply for either or both of the above positions during the application process.
The Executive Director and/or the Programs Coordinator will guide interns through at least two (2) evaluation sessions to “check in” and make sure job duties are understood and completed correctly.
Hours/Pay: 10 – 25 hrs/week -- $8.00 - $10.00/hr. depending on experience and job performance. Paid bi-weekly