Summer Coffee Shop Intern
Coffee shop interns play an important roll in the successful operation and are the public face of Waterman’s on a daily basis. Coffee shop interns are expected to:
- Be a cheerful, welcoming, and helpful public face for Waterman's.
- Keep shelves stocked.
- Make sure coffee and hot water containers are full throughout shift.
- Greet customers and patrons cordially and politely, making sure their needs are met with helpful enthusiasm.
- Keep current on all coffee shop paperwork, especially informing office staff when supplies are getting low.
- Pick up games and trash left behind, keeping the community room tidy for all.
- Check bathrooms for supplies and cleanliness.
- Sweep the floor as needed.
- Maintain supply of baked goods.
- Maintain general cleanliness in the community room and other common spaces.
- Enforce the rules of the building, particularly to children.
- Occasionally assist with any camps or workshops as requested.
- Perform other miscellaneous chores as requested by any of the office staff.
The Executive Director and/or the Operations Manager will guide interns through at least two (2) evaluation sessions to “check in” and make sure job duties are understood and completed correctly.
Hours/Pay: 10 – 25 hrs/week -- $10-$11/hr. depending on experience and job performance. Paid bi-weekly