School of Fish Assistant Leader
Waterman’s, a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, is seeking a responsible, organized, and dedicated assistant leader to be the second in command for our summer School of Fish Camps. The Assistant Leader would be the right hand person to the camp leader with the ability to take over for the leader in the event of an emergency. School of Fish starts June 19th and ends September 1st. Camps run Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Waterman’s encourages Assistants to work the full 11 weeks that camp runs.
School of Fish is a summer camp offered to year round and summer visiting children, 3-5 years old. The camp theme changes weekly and aims to encourage child learning and discovery. Past themes have included One Morning in Maine, Out of This World!, and If You Give a Fish a Cookie.
- Arriving no later than 8:30 AM to assist with child drop off and check in. Leaving no earlier than 1:15 to assist with child check out and pick up.
- Assisting the Leader in creating and implementing camp curriculums.
- Ensuring the safety of each child participant with oversight from the leader/director, assisting in leading the group through the day’s schedule, and helping set up each day’s scheduled activities.
- Setting up for and cleaning up after each activity.
- Participating fully in the day’s activities, engaging with the children's play as appropriate.
- Serving as a role model for the children by showing respect, support and good behavior.
- Assisting head teacher/leader in all other aspects of the program as needed.
- Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 1:15 PM plus prep & clean up depending on schedule.
- Experience and love for working with children.
The Executive Director and/or the Programs Director will guide interns through at least two (2) evaluation sessions to “check in” and make sure job duties are understood and completed correctly.
Hours/Pay: 10 – 25 hrs/week -- $11.00 - $14.00/hr. depending on experience and job performance. Paid bi-weekly