Waterman’s Community Center, a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation in North Haven, Maine, is seeking a hard-working, energetic Operations Manager
General Description: The Operations Manager will see that Waterman’s day-to-day operations and, the organization in general, are running smoothly and efficiently. The position includes office duties as well as responsibilities overseeing the operations and building maintenance of Waterman’s Community Center. Position requires strong organizational and time management skills, experience with non-profit or business finances, computer/internet proficiency and strong writing, and interpersonal skills with people of all ages.
Job duties: Office, finance & development responsibilities.
Overseeing WCC Coffee Shop & Community Room.
Assisting with general building and organization operations.
- See that all bills are paid and current.
- See that all income is deposited.
- Process and deposit all program earned income (including Laugh & Learn Preschool). This may require sending bills and reminders as needed.
- See that all financial transactions are properly entered in QuickBooks.
- Tabulate payroll for submission to payroll service & keep records current.
- Implement and process needed independent contractor paperwork.
- Take on related duties as assigned.
- See that gifts are processed correctly and thank you letters are sent promptly.
- Maintain all aspects of donor database, keeping it current and organized.
- Assist with appeal and newsletter compilations.
- Assist with all development and fundraising undertakings.
- Take on related duties and chores as assigned.
Coffee Shop/Community Room:
- Train, schedule and oversee Coffee Shop employees, volunteers and interns.
- Keep records of all volunteer information: names, hours worked and tasks.
- See that Community Room is tidy, clean and inviting to the public at all times.
- Order supplies and keep Coffee Shop fully stocked at all times.
- Work with the Executive Director to see that non-food merchandise is kept well- stocked. Make certain that it is attractively displayed.
- Keep all building supplies adequately stocked (oil, paper goods, cleaning supplies, light bulbs, etc.).
- See that cleaning, trash and recycling are properly managed.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate and oversee building projects requiring outside expertise.
- Maintain and keep up a schedule of monthly and annual checks, including emergency lights, fire drills, lift inspections etc.
Requirements and Skills
- Time-management and organizational skills a must; detail oriented and efficient.
- Previous work experience in office management desired but not required.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Proficient with computer programs such as Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and databases and ability to become proficient in non-profit support programs such as Constant Contact, Square, Brown Paper Tickets, etc.
- Basic knowledge of theater technical equipment.
- Working knowledge of all building systems including heating and HVAC.
- Ability to work with and supervise a staff of employees, volunteers and interns.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
Position Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: 25 – 30 hours/week
Starts April/May 2017
Compensation: $14-16/hour depending on experience and job performance
Benefits: Retirement contributions after one year
Medical days after 6 months of employment
Paid personal days/holidays after 6 months of employment
App. Deadline: April 14 or until suitable applicant is found
Waterman’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For application, job description and questions, please contact:
Christie Hallowell, Executive Director
Waterman’s Community Center
PO Box 526 North Haven, ME 04853