Join us for our annual Red Barn Flower Show this summer! Full submission form available here.
Contest Rules & Schedule:
You may enter any of the following categories:
A. Floral Design Arrangement – General arrangement above 5” tall
B. Tussy Mussies, Nosegays and Posies – Small, round bouquet of flowers and/or herbs
C. “Wayside Bounty” – Any wild flowers, not cultivated.
D. Miniature – Arrangement Container with arrangement to be less than 5” x 5”.
E. Youth Category: Ages 14 & under – Any exhibitors under age 14 can submit an arrangement to this category in any style and presentation.
- All arrangements must fit within a 24” x 24” tabletop area. You determine the height of the arrangement.
- There is a limit of two entries per person
- All entries must be created from fresh plant material grown or gathered on North Haven Island.
- Exhibitors will determine the category for their entry, as well as a title for their entry prior to submission at the red barn.
- Arrangement must be delivered to the red barn between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm on Saturday, July 23rd.
- Judging takes place between 1:15-3:15 pm on Saturday, July 23rd. All judging decisions are final. Judging is based on condition of plant materials, design, and originality.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons will be awarded to all categories for adults.
- The Best in Show ribbon will be awarded at the judges’ discretion to the “best” arrangement overall.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon for the Youth Category.
- A “People’s Choice Award” will be presented to the arrangement with the most votes cast by the public. All votes must be cast by 6:00pm on July 23rd. The winner will be revealed on Sunday, July 24th during the viewing between 10:00am & 4:00pm
- All exhibits will be open to the public for viewing on Sunday, July 24th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- All exhibits must be removed by Monday, July 25th no later than 12:00 noon.