9th ANNUAL RED BARN FLOWER SHOW
Friday & Saturday August 11th & 12th, 2017
Celebrate the Flower Show with Bohemian cocktails at the Red Barn
Friday, August 11th, 5:00 - 7:00PM
Hippie chic headpieces, Boho attire, elderflower cocktails and floral crowns.
Calling all flower children and cool cats to enter.
Show off your flowers and talent by submitting a creative arrangement
Presented by Waterman’s Community Center
You may enter any of the following categories:
A. Friend vs. Foe—North Haven is home to an array of native and invasive wildflowers. What can you create with this dichotomy? Arrangements must fall within 24”x24”
B. Grand Bouquet—Large Floral Designs. 24”x24”, max 5 ft.
C. Tasteful Tabletop—Medium-sized designs. 14”x14”x14”
D. Youth Category-Ages 14 and under—Any exhibitors under age 14 can submit an arrangement to this category in any style and presentation.
E. Miniature—Arrangement Container with arrangement to be less than 5” x 5”
- All arrangements must fit within a 24” x 24” tabletop area.
- There is a limit of two entries per person.
- All entries must be created from fresh plant material grown or gathered on North Haven Island.
- Exhibitors will determine the category for their entry, as well as a title for their entry prior to submission at the Red Barn.
- Arrangement must be delivered to the Red Barn between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm on Friday, August 11th.
- Judging takes place between 1:15-4:00 pm on Friday, August 11th. All judging decisions are final. Judging is based on condition of plant materials, design, and originality.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons will be awarded to all categories for adults.
- The Best in Show ribbon will be awarded at the judges’ discretion to the “best” arrangement overall.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon for the Youth Category.
- A “People’s Choice Award” will be presented to the arrangement with the most votes cast by the public. All votes must be cast by 7:00pm on Friday, August 11th. The winner will be revealed on Saturday, August 12th during the viewing between 10:00am & 4:00pm.
- All exhibits will be open to the public for viewing on Friday, August 11th, 5:00pm-7:00pm, and Saturday, August 12th, 10:00am-4:00pm.
- All exhibits must be removed by Sunday, August 13th, no later than 3:00pm.
If you have any questions, please call Waterman’s Community Center at 867-2100.