10th ANNUAL RED BARN FLOWER SHOW
Show off your flowers and creative talent by submitting a one-of-a-kind arrangement!
Friday & Saturday August 10th & 11th, 2018
Celebrate the Flower Show with a festive floral cupcake and opening reception at the Red Barn
Friday, August 10th, 5:00 - 6:00PM
Public Viewing Saturday, August 11th, 10:00am - 2:00pm
You may enter any of the following categories:
A. Summer of Song— Find inspiration in Waterman’s 2018 summer theme. Reflect on your favorite event or program or let the spirit of music move you! Medium-sized designs. 14”x14”x14”
B. Grand Bouquet—Large Floral Designs. 24”x24”x maximum height 60”.
C. Modern Centerpiece—Medium-sized designs. 14”x14”x14”
D. Youth (under 14)—Any exhibitors under age 14 can submit an arrangement to this category in any style and presentation.
E. Miniature—Arrangement Container with arrangement to be less than 5” x 5”.
1. All arrangements must fit within a 24” x 24” tabletop area.
2. Limit of two entries per person.
3. All entries must be created from fresh plant material grown or gathered on North Haven.
4. Exhibitors will determine the category for their entry, as well as a title for their entry prior to submission at the Red Barn.
5. Arrangement must be delivered to the red barn between 11:00am and 1:00pm on Friday, August 10th.
6. Judging takes place between 2-4:00pm on Friday, August 10th. All judging decisions are final. Judging is based on condition of plant materials, design, and originality.
7. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons will be awarded to all categories.
8. The Best in Show ribbon will be awarded at the judges’ discretion to the “best” arrangement overall.
9. A People’s Choice Award will be presented to the arrangement with the most votes cast by the public. All votes must be cast by 6:00pm on Friday, August 10th. The winner will be revealed on Saturday, August 11th during the public viewing between 10:00am & 2:00pm.
10. All exhibits will be open to the public for viewing on Friday, August 10th, between 5:00pm-6:00PM, and Saturday, August 11th, between 10:00am-2:00pm.
11. All exhibits must be removed by Sunday, August 12th no later than 2:00pm.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call Waterman’s Community Center at 867-2100.
All welcome and encouraged to submit!